Martin was born in Prague and since 1978 he has been living in the US. He married an American lady named Kathleen (who is also the co-creator of this magical recipe) and have 2 wonderful kids together. His blog called “O Americe” (“About America”) is written strictly in Czech. Why? Martin gets to express himself in his native language, and his non-English speaking Czech friends and family can learn more about the American ways. Through his blog he found a virtual way how to connect with his unforgettable motherland.
For those of you who would like a less fattening version of my recipe on livance (pancakes) here is Martin’s healthy version:
CZ: Ochutnejte Martinovy zdrave jogurtove livance! Ja jsem jiz jeden podobny recept kdysi rano publikovala, ale nebyl udelany z jogurtu, ale z tucne cream cheese. Aby vam ty livance vice chutnaly, tady je neco malo o jejich tvurci – Martinovi (vynato z jeho blogu zvanem “O Americe”): ‘Narodil jsem se v Praze, ročník 57. Od roku 1978 žiju v USA, díky velkorysosti americké vlády která tehdy nabízela podmínečné přistěhovaní lidem z Východního Bloku.
Ženatý od roku 1981, v míchaném manželství Čecha a Američanky (love ya, babe), dvě děti. Bloguju abych si užil češtiny, podělil se o dojmy a názory, a měl jakési virtuální spojení na starou vlast.’
Czech yogurt pancakes
(Makes about 16 pancakes)
- 2 cups all-purpose four
- 2 Tsp of baking powder
- 1 Tsp of baking soda
- 1 Tbs of sugar
- 1 Tsp of salt
- 1 cup of white yogurt
- 1 cup of milk
- 2 eggs, lightly whipped
- 1/4 cup of melted butter
- In a bowl mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar and salt.
- In another bowl mix together yogurt, milk, eggs and butter
- Pour the liquid mixture into the flour mixture and mix it all together until smooth
- With a ladle pour a pancake mixture onto a hot pan and fry pancakes on both sides until done
- The pancakes should be about 4 inches in diameter
- Serve hot, spoon some yogurt and fruit over them, drown them in maple syrup or spread some black currant jam over them….use your imagination!
Source: http://www.oamerice.com/2010/03/americke-posnidani.htmlIf you liked this post buy me a coffee! (Suggested:$3 a latte $8 for a pound) Thanks!