Krokety have always been a fancy kind of way of serving potatoes in the Czech Republic. If you go to the restaurant there you either get french fries or croquettes as a side dish. I have never seen them served here in the US but maybe that’s because I don’t know their correct name in English? Either way, I found this extra easy recipe for making them at home and can’t wait to try them.
CZ: Chybi vam v cizokrajne zemi krokety? Udelejte si je doma sami! Recept vypada velmi jednoduse:
- 1 Tbs of cut up parsley
- 1/2 cup of bread crumbs (30 g)
- 3-4 boiled potatoes (500 g)
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 Tbs of butter (25 g)
- To coat the krokety you need more eggs and breadcrumbs
- Boil potatoes in skin until soft. Let them cool down.
- Peal them and mash them up.
- Add egg yolks, butter, and bread crumbs and mix well
- Add parsley and salt
- Make balls out of the dough
- Dip the balls in some beat eggs and then roll them in breadcrumbs
- Fry finished balls on oil until golden brown
Source: http://recepty.vareni.cz/krupave-domaci-krokety/If you liked this post buy me a coffee! (Suggested:$3 a latte $8 for a pound) Thanks!