Fall is here which means we got to start acting accordingly. We have to dig out our hats and our scarfs and start sipping on apple ciders and pumpkin spiced lattes. If you are bored with the traditional way why don’t you try my new invention – the Prune Juice Cider?
I know, I know, the Americans consider prune juice an old folks medicinal drink. But the Czechs love prunes and anything connected with it, so why not make a festive drink out of it?
CZ: Je tu podzim a je na case se take podle toho chovat. Vybalte cepice a saly a zacnete uskravat horke napoje jako treba dynove latte (to zni v cestine divne,ze?). Jestli chcete zkusit neco jineho, uvarte si svestkovy cider ala Tana, je moc dobry, hlavne s troskou vina.
- 2 – 3 cups of prune juice
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1/2 teaspoon of whole allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon of whole cloves
- 1 Tbs of brown sugar
- Mix all ingredients together in a pot, bring to boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Let stand for about 20 minutes.
- PS: you can also add some alcohol in it like rum or red wine – delicious both ways!
If you liked this post buy me a coffee! (Suggested:$3 a latte $8 for a pound) Thanks!