Czechs and Slovaks are one of the few nations that LOVE cauliflower. They eat it raw, cooked, mashed up and breaded….you name it! I found this delicious and easy cauliflower recipe on a blog called Slovak Mama. Like myself, Lenka (aka Slovak Mama) has been living in the US for quite some time, has a couple of kiddos and in her free time blogs about a bunch of different things, especially Slovak cuisine.
- 1 cauliflower
- 4 medium sized potatoes, cut up into bigger-sized pieces
- 8 Tbs of olive oil
- juice from 1 lemon
- 1/2 Tsp of red pepper flakes
- 3 cloves of garlic, cut up into small pieces of mashed up
- Heat the oven for 375F
- First, warm up the olive oil on the pan (med heat), add salt, pepper flakes, garlic and lemon juice. The spices will bind and create a wonderful taste.
- Put potatoes and cauliflower into an oven-proof pan and mix in the olive oil mixture
- Put the pan in the oven and bake for about 35 minutes until the vegetables are soft
- Serve with your favorite meat
If you liked this post buy me a coffee! (Suggested:$3 a latte $8 for a pound) Thanks!