Costco is now selling plums but the problem is that it sells about 200 of them in a box so you have to consume them quickly before they go bad. One way to get rid of them is to make a delicious Czech plum cake. It is very easy and makes a great and unique entertainment food since most Americans don’t know such cake.
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- 6 Tbs of sugar
- 6 Tbs of oil
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 egg
- 1 Tsp of baking soda
- 10 plums, pitted and cut in half
- drobenka (crumble) for the top of the cake (recipe follows)
- One large cake pan or 2 small cake pans (I made 2 circular cakes, each 9 inches in diameter)
- Preheat your oven for 350 degrees F.
- Mix flour together with baking sod and sugar.
- Mix egg together with milk
- Add oil and the egg/milk mixture (step 2) into the flour mixture (step 1)
- Stir it thoroughly until mixture appears smooth
- Poor the dough into an oiled pan
- Top with plum halves
- Sprinkle the cake with drobenka. To make drobenka mix 1 cup of flour, 1/2 cup of sugar and 4 Tbs of softened butter. Use your fingers to mix the ingredients.
- Bake in an oven for about 30 minutes until the cake is golden brown.