10 things in the Czech Republic that are better than in America (part II)10 things in the Czech Republic that are better than in America (part II) | Czechmatediary
≡ Menu

10 things in the Czech Republic that are better than in America (part II)

NO all-you-can-eat buffets (Getting fat!!! Hello!!)

• Quality of bread
• Daily exercise consists of more than just pressing your foot on a gas pedal
• Architecture has much more personality
• Public transportation is not used just by homeless people and ex-cons
• Fruit and vegetables taste REAL (not like the weird, tasteless, waxy-looking stuff that is available in the conventional US grocery stores)

• Not everyone is suing everyone for everything
Burty ( type of kielbasa)
• Universal public acceptance of beauty of Svickova and Vepro, Knedlo, Zelo
• Visiting another country doesn’t actually take 10 hours of flying

FOR PART I CLICK HERE

Do you have anything to add?? Leave a comment!

61 comments… add one
  • Honza June 6, 2011, 8:06 pm

I hate how so many people from degenerate societies feel perfectly fine to critique Czechs and Czech society. An American calling anyone fat or dysfunctional is the joke of the century. I also find the right wing politics amusing…. I suppose Lustrace worked on some idiots.

• Vlastimil June 7, 2011, 4:11 am

I am libertarian, so I am safe… Obama would be a great guy for Czech Republic … I really wish he would go there…. and stay. Czech Republic needs changes. But please, don’t ban rohliky

• Marina June 7, 2011, 7:51 am

Vlastimil, Yes, many smart people but maybe all of those with a college education stayed in Czech? Yes, I live here and grew up here and I am fairly slim. I do see many large Czech women–is it the food they eat when they get here?

• MariKa June 7, 2011, 8:13 am

Honza,
    you make me want to pick up and read that copy of Haunted Land I have here when you use big words like ‘lustrace’ :PPP

• MariKa June 7, 2011, 8:16 am

PS: people in Czech or the US are not ‘fat’ because they barely move. I see many fat women in both countries who are fairly active…. they get fat, because poverty forces them to eat processed foods.
    Rich folk all over the world, if educated, choose to eat unprocessed foods and are fairly slim. That’s my two cents.

• Vlastimil June 8, 2011, 11:22 pm

MariKa, you are right. That’s why I buy food at Farmers Markets each Sunday.
    Companies producing processed food are criminals, much worse that drug dealers. And they are killing many more people that drug dealers.

• MariKa June 9, 2011, 5:54 am

OK listen, I see the point Mr. Thomas Robert Malthus was making, in re: to economy, so I get the benefits and necessity of population control, but I can’t help think (as unBuddhist of me it may be) that it would be best to control population based on education level and not poisoning entire nations as a whole.
    I have a feeling that our governments are looking at it as survival of the fittest – you know, those with the strongest immune system thrive, while others succumb to cancer, and many other diseases.

It’s funny I’m writing about it here, because it’s part of a science fiction story I am writing now. I know Clockwork Orange got a lot of people’s panties up into a bunch and me originating from Czechoslovakia, I can just hear the comments and criticisms when my book comes out, but c’est la vie. Creativity is a drive, it’s not something one can control, so when I’m finally done with this one, brace yourselves!

• Vlastimil June 9, 2011, 1:01 pm

What an excellent idea!! Kill stupid people by hamburgers and let live smart people to serve fillet mignon on silver plate 🙂 But how will we deal with Czechs ( the stupid ones) , who eat pork, fatty soups, dumplings and they thrive and are happy !!! I think they should eat more US beef… I think in the Czech valley the food quality is far more superior to the food in US. Of course, here in US I have choice, I go to farmers market and buy fresh grass fed chicken for $5 instead of $0.99 chicken sold in food supermarkets and being raised in concentration camps.. I don’t know how it is now, but in the old golden communist times I was able to make cottage cheese out of milk I bought in store. Try to make cheese of the milk being sold in US. In New Jersey it is not allowed to sell raw milk, so I have to drive across the border to Pennsylvania and buy raw milk there, where it is completely legal. Luckily there is no milk police on the interstate border .

• MariKa June 9, 2011, 2:09 pm

You know what is in milk right? GLUE
    Did you watch the Hard Copy on youtube “Dangers in milk?” If you have kids and you buy milk you MUST see this. Find a farm close to you, examine it and buy milk from them or switch to Almond like me.

• Eric October 27, 2012, 9:39 pm

We are citizens of the world, all of us. One Love, One Life.

• Marika (ta druha) October 30, 2012, 12:03 pm

Eric, smoking mms this early in the morning is not health beneficial :PPPP