In today’s globalized world some ‘ignorant’ soul might call this dish a vegetable tempura. But we, the experienced cauliflower-lovers know, that it is not just some kind of an appetizer. When served with a side dish – like the mashed potatoes for example – breaded (or ‘fried’) cauliflower is a delicious main course!
CZ: V dnesni globalizovane spolecnosti muze nejaka ta ‘ignorantska’ duse nazvat smazeny kvetak ‘vegetable tempura’. Samozrejme ze my, zkuseni kvetakovci vime, ze smazeny kvetak neni jen nejaky predkrm. Kdyz se totiz serviruje s brambory, je z toho velmi chutna a syta vecere!
- 1 cauliflower head
- 1/2 cup flour
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup bread crumbs (plain)
- oil for frying
- Wash the whole cauliflower head
- Cook it in boiling water until slightly tender (about 5 minutes)
- Pull it out, let it drain and cool down
- Cut the cauliflower head into 1-inch thick slices or divide it into separate flowers
- Sprinkle cauliflower with salt
- Bathe every piece in four, then eggs and finally in bread crumbs
- Fry each piece on oil until golden on all sides
- Serve with boiled or mashed potatoes and a salad